According to ASTM F316-03
- Where a nontoxic wetting liquid can spontaneously fill the pores in the sample and a non reacting Gas (Liquid) can displace liquid from pores.
- First the largest pores will get emptied, as they require lower pressure than smaller pores.
- As the pressure is increased, more and more smaller pores are progressively emptied.
- The pressure and flow rate of Gas (Liquid) through the emptied pores provides the through pore distribution. The pressure at which through pores empty is inversely proportional to the pore size.
- Through pores are the pores connected from one side of material to the other side. Innova Porometer measures the pore throat diameter, which is the most constricted part of the entire pore path.
Application: Non-woven, Electrospinning, Glass fiber, Filter paper, Membrane-MF/UF/NF, Hollow fiber, Hemodialysis, Ceramic, Sintered metal, PTFE, Battery Separator, Fuel cell GDL